Folksy epic of a girl.: Eski Bar + New pet FIFI

 



I study in a course that kills yet the name sounds the least like it. I dread regrets in life, thats why I always strive to do the best in things I do.
Looking too much into things is my weakest point. Misplacing things and forgetting names are my strengths.
I think I have self-discipline since I do not smoke, drink or into clubbing. A fan of chocolates, that explains the frequent failure of my diet plan. I've made a secret pact to kidnap kids home because I just cant resist them.
Lastly, I want to declare that my blog is mostly of entertainment. Sorry to disappoint, but I hardly put my emotional thoughts here. :)


 


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

 

T-Shirt (Main Version) - Shontelle

Ariel
Bobby
Cedric
Eleanore
James
Joel
Laura
Lina
Manu
Melvin
PeiJing
Qing Yun
Shane
Shermaine
Shawne
Shu Han
Tai Hong
Zhaopei

 
April 09, 2007
Eski Bar + New pet FIFI
5th April- Sushi Making Time

So now I realised why one sushi often cost 60 cents or more.
Because it really requires a lot of effort for each and every one of them, all the way to the wrapping up of it.
Oh wells, perhaps to me.

Told PJ i wanted to make them for mel and she said she wanna join me too to make for Rick. haha.
And.. went w her to cold storage @ cwp to buy all the ingredients.

From this much.

To this much..From the seaweed to the rice and the sushi roll, to the toppings and to the packaging of the plastic foam.

And I realised Japanese stuffs are really very expensive.
Because.. this much cost us a 50 bucks in total. =X

So went to PJ house and started doing it.

1. Cook the glutinous sushi Rice.

Oh well, I'm ashamed to say I really have not much idea how to cook rice.
Like how much water to put so that it turns out not to be like a porridge or burnt up due to the lack of water.

And this 2.5kg of rice costs a 15 bucks which we took quite a while to find it.


So Pj tried it and estimated the water. And we were so paranoid to spoil the rice that we kept opening up the rice cooker to check on it!

2. Next, prepare all the ingredients. eg. boil the eggs, cut the crabsticks and cook the unagi etc..



3. Mix this Japanese wine to the rice slowly, keep adding and trying until the taste is just right.

Just felt as u add more it became more sour instead of a tinge of sweetness.

So.. we added sugar mix with water to it. =X
Aniwaes it turns out to be well..

4. Start making balls of sushi Rice

Oh man, this is the most difficult of all esp when u have nv tried this before.
I felt like having a stroke while doing it.

The rice kept on sticking to my hand as I tried to roll it into a ball or either it falls apart and the ball turns out to be freaking ugly.

After some tries and tests, this is the result!


For some deco purpose and also with some taste as well, u can add this sakura powder.

5. Top the ingredients on the sushi rice and I had a hard time doing it while doing Kani nigri because it kept dropping off. And gungan sushi u have to make sure u cut the right size of the seaweed( big enough to put have space putting ur toppings & small enuff to maintain the appearance).


And I used Japanese mayo with the eggs in the mixing. ( thats the taller one)
But it turns out to be not much of a difference when the price between them is really much of a diff.

This is the most summed up of the procedures! (;
And time really passed very fast, we tooking a freaking like 5 hours to do everything.
Yet I couldnt finish with the packaging thou we've bought the plastic for wrapping it up. ):

Because I've gt to meet up with him and his parents to Eski Bar @ clark Quay.

It is perhaps took the name Eskimo and the place really lives up to the name.
Super duper cold there.


I'm such a dumb pig to order lemon drop SHOOTER, when I have forgot that I've learnt in FB fun that its a super strong alcoholic drink.

When i saw the word lemon, it immediately catches my attention b4 the shooter reminds me of what it is.

And thats it.. A very small cup with even a thin slice of the lemon is almost covering it up.
I tried one sip and I really cannot take it, and her mom is really so sweet to exchange her tequilla sunrise with me.

Lick, sip.. Suck. Thats drinking tequilla and I havent forgotten one bit of this.
But still.. I dint practise it, but drank like any other ordinary drink. =X

And us.. And yes this freaking HOT pink jacket is not mine but provided by the bar because it was very cold there.

With a corner that is ZERO degrees Celsius.
Can u imagine urself being trapped in a freezer?


*********
And here comes the most alluring part.
My dwarf angora rabbit is back home!!
and the 150 bucks that is being paid for her is really worth the money.

Wanted to give her name heres what I have tot of.

- Fluffy( she really had a lot of fur)
-Furby( she looks like one)
-Cotton( She super looks like one with a lot of fur thats white)

Thats Angora species, with a lot of fur thats makes it looks like a dog/cat more than a rabbit.

In the end.. I dint choose any of those but names her FIFI.
Reason is because, Rabbits are dumb I have to admit.

And i wanted to train her till she can respond to her name and i realise either one of them sounds so difficult to recognize.

But FIFI sounds so easy!
Yet sounds a lil like fluffy and furby.



Profile: FIFI
Age: 2.5 mths old
Sex: Female

Btw.. she isnt photogenic so if u think she looks cute in the pic, she looks even more adorable in real!

1) She runs around and is very bubbly. (;

2) She loves the accompany of humans, loving u to stroke it gently and carrying it..
And one thing I LOVEEEE is she is so tamed thou she is very sporty and bubbly at the same time.

know what? She can lie on my arms comfortably and sleep like nobody's business like a baby.

I'm really shocked to see a rabbit in this way because normally they will jump out and bite u if u want to carry like an upside down turtle pose.

I wrapped her up in a cloth and she is sleeping on my arms like the pose of carrying a baby.



And she too.. can lie and sleep on my lap.

Aww... she really dint have a slight fear of humans. still too innocent.

She loves food like carrots, apple and kiwi. She will do anything to grab them.
From chasing after u, to standing up to get it.

So far those who visited her couldnt resist her. My hse is open for visitation of her. =P

Some cam whoring sessions with her!



********
Have been sneezing the whole day today, which I tot my nose could drop off anytime.
Fifi was paranoid each time i sneeze, she would run by the horrible noise ( to her).
So u can imagine the no. of times she ran away.

Ysd was work.. But this time working with Jayne.
Colleagues were great too this time! Had much time laughing tgt. (;

But met a lot of wierd things that day.
Started off with having a female customer asking for my number which I served her.

So I asked her: " Are u a christian?"
She: " No.. why?"
Me: " oh.. because I tot u want to reach out to people.."
She: " I'm a buddhist.. couldnt be asking u to my temple rite? smiles."

And it surprised me because seldom females are so friendly to make friends with females..

Next during Jayne and my journey back home in the train. Saw a malay woman fainting on the train while standing just a few distance away from us.

What shocks us is that she woke up after a while when the kind singaporeans guys carried her up, and she makes those noises that really scares us.
Those thats groans and moans.. gosh..

She was being carried out of the train the next stop.
And we were still quite stunned then until after some while we cooled down and begin to talk and laugh like usual.

There was a ah pek sitting a few sits away from us but in the same row of sit who keeps looking at us angrily and talking to himself.
I was saying smth and Jayne laugh so madly and this ah pek begin to look at us again and mutter some vulgarities at us.

We were so quite afraid then and went out of train the next stop and rush to the other cabins before the door closes.

So glad that she came to my house from her work just to see FIFI.
So nice of her u bread!








Still trying to define happiness.
ranted by faith @ 8:28:00 PM   0comments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home